Azernews.Az

Friday, August 21, 2026

IDF says its troops fired at Palestinian teenager

21 August 2026 19:13 (UTC+04:00)
IDF says its troops fired at Palestinian teenager
Akbar Novruz
Akbar Novruz
Read more

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) admitted on Friday that its forces opened fire at Palestinians, including a teenager, who were throwing stones at Israeli settlers in the area of the village of Sa'ir, north of Hebron in the West Bank.

The military explained that the group of Israeli civilians "were on an unauthorized excursion" along the outskirts of the village when they were targeted with stones.

"A security officer fired shots in the area and there are Palestinian casualties as a result of the gunfire," it said.

The Palestinian Authority Health Ministry previously said that a Palestinian 17-year-old died after being shot by Israeli settlers in the incident.

Here we are to serve you with news right now. It does not cost much, but worth your attention.

Choose to support open, independent, quality journalism and subscribe on a monthly basis.

By subscribing to our online newspaper, you can have full digital access to all news, analysis, and much more.

Subscribe

You can also follow AzerNEWS on Twitter @AzerNewsAz or Facebook @AzerNewsNewspaper

Thank you!

Loading...
Latest See more