By Laman Ismayilova
E.L. Club de Tango in partnership with Azerbaijan Dance Association and Jam SS invites you to outdoor dances.
The project will be held every Sunday, from June 3 to September 15.
The first events are devoted to tango, Trend Life reported.
The tradition of dancing tango in the streets appeared in Buenos Aires and spread all over the world. The Baku Boulevard will plunge into the atmosphere of tango and other incendiary dances. Everyone can take part in the dance classes.
"Trying to make everyone feel comfortable, the teachers speak Azerbaijani, Turkish, Russian and English. Another distinctive feature is the individual approach to each student. In addition to dance techniques, the musical rhythms of tango, as well as the culture of behavior at the tango events - milongas (codigos) will be studied at the lessons," said President of Azerbaijan Dance Association Aziz Azizov.
"Argentine tango is not only a dance, but an entire culture with its own norms and rules. Sincerity and humor at the lessons will create a very cozy atmosphere," he added.
Individual lessons are quite accessible and both teachers work on them, even if the student is alone, not in pairs.
"Dancing radically changes your life, making it even more saturated with positive emotions, and we would like to share the magic of this beautiful with everyone. We grow with our students and are grateful for the warm hearts and positive feedback", said Azizov.
Milongas dance classes will be held every Sunday for free.
"Our milongas also feature a multifaceted playlist. We have music both classical tango orchestras, and modern, and sometimes altogether alternative, processed in the style of tango. An important place is occupied by the works of Azerbaijani composers," said dance teachers Emil and Lala Gezalovs.
Note that in tango:
- there are no age restrictions, so you can enjoy the dance to a very old age
- there are no weight restrictions. The famous tango dancer Aoniken Quiroga weighs more than 100 kg, but it didn't stop him to be one of the world's most renowned tango master
- it is not necessarily to come with partner, this is a social dance
- Tango offers opportunities to meet and make friends with a large number of interesting people living in different countries of the world and become part of the international tango community. Being abroad, regardless of the city where you are, you can always have a pleasant time visiting the local milonga, dancing and talking with local tango lovers, and the codigos will help you communicate and not knowing the language of this country
- Tango is a wonderful leisure for couples, which brings people closer even more. It is much more pleasant to get aesthetic pleasure from a dance together than to sit on the couch all evening
- Tango masters a graceful walking posture. In other words, it will help you to survive office life
Media partners of the event are Azernews.az ,Trend.az, Day.az, Milli.az.
Laman Ismayilova is AzerNews’ staff journalist, follow her on Twitter: @Lam_Ismayilova
Follow us on Twitter @AzerNewsAz