Katz: Israel hit Syrian airbase over Türkiye's plans
Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz said on Saturday that his country struck the Syrian Abu al-Zuhour airbase last week based on intelligence reports that signaled that Türkiye was planning to use the airbase for activities that could threaten Israel's security.
"The IDF recommended several times carrying out the strike on the Abu Duhur airport in Syria in light of the clear intelligence received regarding Türkiye’s intentions to carry out activities there that would endanger the security of the State of Israel," Katz said, claiming that the intelligence reports were shared with authorities in the United States.
The Israeli official also condemned the remarks by US Ambassador to Türkiye and Special Envoy for Syria and Iraq Tom Barrack, who said that Israel's attack risks "rapid escalation into a direct military confrontation between Israel and Türkiye." Katz claimed that Barrack's comments were "full of inaccuracies" and that they "contradict the position of US President [Donald] Trump."
Here we are to serve you with news right now. It does not cost much, but worth your attention.
Choose to support open, independent, quality journalism and subscribe on a monthly basis.
By subscribing to our online newspaper, you can have full digital access to all news, analysis, and much more.
You can also follow AzerNEWS on Twitter @AzerNewsAz or Facebook @AzerNewsNewspaper
Thank you!
