Booktrailer Festival 2020 reveals contest rules
By Laman Ismayilova
The 5th Booktrailer Festival is pleased to announce contest rules.
The Organizing Committee has revealed steps that you need to follow to join the contest:
- Festival is open for everyone regardless of age;
- One can join the contest with a booktrailers of one book or a series of books of Azerbaijani writers regardless of their date and place of publication;
- Number of submitted works by one participant is not limited;
- Booktrailers should not violate copyright;
- Submitted works must not contain material that promotes any ethnic, racial, religious forms of hate, pornographics, any content that violates or encourages the violation of any law, rule or regulation;
- Booktrailers will not be returned or reviewed;
- The Organizing Committee has the right to use booktrailers to promote festival through social networks, sites, YouTube, mass media etc., without informing the film director and payment .
Booktrailers are short videos that promote a book or an author, providing a good illustration of the book content.
The festival aims at promoting books, supporting and developing creative forms of reading, searching talented young people in cinematography and promoting bookrailers as a part of art and business.
Anyone can take part in the festival through registration (www.booktrailer.az). The first place will get a cash prize -1,000 ($589) manats, while the winners of the second and third places 800 manats ($472) and 500 ($295) manats, respectively.
The winners will be also awarded in the nomination "The best mobile book-trailer". To participate in this nomination, everyone can shot a booktrailer on a mobile phone and send it to the festival. The winner in "Best Mobile Book Trailer" will receive a cash prize-1,000 ($589) manats.
The festival is organized with the support of the Ministry of Culture. The main partner of the event is Azercell, a leader of the mobile communication sector in Azerbaijan.
For more information, please visit:
For all questions, please contact: [email protected]
Media partners of the event are Azernews.az, Trend.az, Day.az and Milli.az.
Laman Ismayilova is AzerNews’ staff journalist, follow her on Twitter: @Lam_Ismayilova
Follow us on Twitter @AzerNewsAz