Booktrailer Festival 2019 reveals contest rules
By Laman Ismayilova
The fourth Booktrailer Festival has already started in Baku.
The Organizing Committee has revealed steps that you need to follow to join the contest:
-Festival is open for everyone regardless of age;
- One can join the contest with a booktrailers of one book or a series of books regardless of their date and place of publication;
- Number of submitted works by one participant is not limited;
- Booktrailers should not violate copyright
- Submitted works must not contain material that promotes any ethnic, racial, religious forms of hate, pornographic, any content that violates or encourages the violation of any law, rule or regulation;
- Booktrailers will not be returned or reviewed
- The Organizing Committee have the right to use the booktrailers to promote the festival through social networks, sites, YouTube, mass media etc., without informing the director and payment .
Booktrailers shall meet the following requirements :
-Participating trailers will be limited to 3 minutes;
- video formats: mov, mp4, mpeg, mpg, avi, wmv;
- video can be shot with actors or without actors, or as animation (cartoons);
- post the festival's logo at the beginning of the video;
- finish your application with the book poster, and the website address of the Festival (www.booktrailer.az);
- booktrailer must not contain any mention of specific brands of goods, trademarks, and commercial organizations and sponsors aside the organizations of the festival.
Applications for participation in the Booktrailer Festival will end on April 1, 2019.
The festival is timed to the World Book Day or World Book and Copyright Day held annually on April 23.
The project aims at promoting books, supporting and developing creative forms of reading, searching talented young people in cinematography and promoting booktrailers as a part of art and business.
The festival is held under the motto "Popularize the book, be popular with the book!"
Booktrailer Festival was successfully held in 2016 for the first time in the country.
The festival is held with the assistance of the Ministry of Culture of Azerbaijan, the International Mugham Center, Azerbaijanfilm Studio and Azercell Telekom.
The first place will get a prize in the amount of 1,000 manats, while the winners of the second and third places 800 manats and 500 manats, respectively.
The winners will be also awarded in the nomination "The best mobile book-trailer". To participate in this nomination, everyone can shot a booktrailer on a mobile phone and send it to the festival.
For more information, please visit:
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/BooktrailerFest.
For all questions, please contact: [email protected].
Send your works until April 1, 2019.
Media partners of the event are Trend.az, Day.az, Milli.az, Azernews.az
Laman Ismayilova is AzerNews’ staff journalist, follow her on Twitter: @Lam_Ismayilova
Follow us on Twitter @AzerNewsAz