Azerbaijan declares special quarantine: Operational Headquarters
Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers has held a meeting under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Ali Asadov on March 23.
The meeting participants discussed the situation related to coronavirus infection in the country and made s decision to declare a special quarantine regime to prevent the spread of the infection.
The special quarantine regime envisages the following restrictions:
- Those above the age of 65 are banned from leaving home. Lonely persons of this age will receive social services in accordance with the law;
- Entry and exit to/from Baku, Sumgayit and Absheron is restricted. This restriction doesn’t apply to special-purpose vehicles, including ambulances, emergency and rescue vehicles, as well as cargo transportation vehicles;
- regardless of the form of ownership, passenger transportation between districts and cities is suspended;
- the relevant departments were instructed to ensure the return of Azerbaijani citizens from abroad by charter flights with the condition of their placement in compulsory quarantine for a period of 14-21 days within a certain schedule. In this case, preference should be given to families with young children, the elderly, persons in need of medical care, and women;
- The Baku Transport Agency should provide a special line for express buses that will run along the route between metro stations from 06:00 to 22:00. Passengers are advised to minimize the use of the metro and give preference to ground modes of transport;