Zahid Mahmudov, who was injured in an explosion in the 18-story building on Dilyara Aliyeva Street, 18, in Baku, has died, Shokhrat Mammadov, chief doctor of the Republican Burn Center, told Trend Jan. 31.
He said that Mahmudov, who was an employee of a stationery store located on the first floor of the building, got burns covering 90 percent of his body.
On Jan. 27, Fire broke out in a stationery store located on the first floor of the 18-story building on Dilyara Aliyeva Street, 18, in Baku.
The fire started as a result of an explosion, which occurred in the basement of the building, the first three floors of which are not residential.
As a result of the explosion, the counters, frames of windows and doors of the stationery store (of 500 square meters) located on the first floor of the building were destroyed. Windows on the second and third floors of the building, as well as in the nearby houses were partially damaged. Firefighters that arrived at the scene extinguished the fire and didn’t allow it to spread further.
According to preliminary information, the explosion occurred due to a gas leak.
Follow us on Twitter @AzerNewsAz