13:07 (GMT +4) The number of victims in the result of the terrorist attack in Istanbul, Turkey, has reached 38, Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu told reporters in Istanbul Dec. 11, Anadolu Agency reported.
06:10 (GMT +4) A car bomb followed by a suicide bombing less than a minute later killed 29 people and wounded 166 outside a soccer stadium in Istanbul on Saturday night, Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said.
All but two of those killed in the blasts were police officers, Soylu told a news conference with other government ministers. He said 17 of the wounded were undergoing surgery and another six were in intensive care.
Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus said the suicide bomber had detonated 45 seconds after the car bomb. Soylu said 10 people had been detained based on evidence from the detonated vehicle.
01:33 (GMT +4) At least 20 victims were injured late Saturday in a car bomb attack near a football stadium in the Besiktas district of Istanbul, Anadolu reported.
"Approximately 20 injured in car bomb attack that happened where our riot police officers had been stationed," Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu told journalists. "Hopefully, there will be no lost lives."
Injured police officers have been rushed to area hospitals but information about the extent of injuries were not immediately available.
The explosion occurred after a league match between Besiktas and Bursaspor at the Vodafone Arena.
Turkey's Supreme Board of Radio and Television imposed a temporary ban that includes live broadcast from the scene, footage taken from the time of the blast and afterwards, and images of bodies, the agency said in a statement.
Prime Minister Binali Yildirim has been briefed by Gov. Vasip Sahin and Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu about the explosion, according to Prime Ministry sources who cannot be named due to restrictions on talking to media.
Soylu, who was in Ankara at the time of the blast, is now on his way to Istanbul.