By Vafa Ismayilova
On September 27, 2020, in response to a large-scale provocation of the Armenian armed forces along the frontline, the Azerbaijani army launched a counter-offensive operation, later called the "Iron Fist".
The 44-day war put an end to nearly 30 years of occupation, ensured the liberation of Azerbaijan's lands and the restoration of the country's territorial integrity.
Chronicle of 44-day Second Karabakh War: October 13, 2021
- President Ilham Aliyev gave an interview to the Turkish Haber Turk TV channel.
- First Vice President Mehriban Aliyeva shared a post on her official Instagram page.
- The Armenian armed forces fired on Goranboy, Tartar, Aghdam, and Aghjabadi regions.
- A large number of Armenian manpower and equipment were destroyed
- The Armenian armed forces fired on Aghdam region's villages using artillery and missiles.
- From September 27 to October 13, 2020, 42 Azerbaijani civilians were killed as a result of the shelling of settlements by the Armenian armed forces.
- The Defence Ministry has released a video of the liberated settlement of Hadrut.